Wednesday 11 March 2020

Iceland


Iceland was like nothing I had ever seen before, truly magical and I definitely visited at the right time of year. Everything was covered in a crisp white layer of snow, and it made everything so much more beautiful. I've never felt cold like it, but still dream of it to this day. I took multiple boat trips on the hunt to see the northern lights, which I kind of saw, but also not really. Other boat trips were whale watching trips, again I wasn’t lucky here either, but found it was of course due to the freezing temperatures and cloudy skies. I walked endlessly through the streets of Reykjavik, finding amazing things I never would have otherwise, like little museums, churches and quirky Christmas shops that are open 365 days a year. I went on a Golden Circle tour that took us to see the Gullfoss Waterfall, the geothermal area in Haukadalur which contained huge geysers and Thinvellir National Park where you can see the boundary between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates.














 Iceland truly was a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric