Thursday 7 January 2016

2016...the year that i become fearless


Fearless

How often is it that you find yourself frozen by fear? You're unable to move, your heart racing, and your palms sweating, you know the feeling, because you've been afraid.   
"And I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me headfirst fearless. And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress fearless."
What does it truly mean to be fearless?

I find it prodigious how many different meanings one single word can have, how you define one word may not be the way that I define is.
Here's how google defines the word fearless.

fearless
ˈfɪəlɪs/
adjective
  1. showing a lack of fear.
    "a fearless crusader for animal rights"
    synonyms:bold, brave, courageous, intrepid, valiant, valorous, gallant, plucky,lionhearted, stout-hearted, heroic, daring, dynamic, spirited, mettlesome,confident, audacious, indomitable, doughty


Everyone experiences fear in their life and it's not something you can escape, it's part of what makes you human. 

I want to become fearless, I want to allow myself to not run away the second I'm afraid, I want to be brave enough to try new things, meet new people, visit new places, and just be happy in myself. 
I believe that being fearless doesn't mean that you're not afraid anymore, it's more that you're taking those steps to try and overcome it, you're pushing yourself through the fear.
For as long as I can remember I have been afraid of life, afraid of the consequences of every single one of my actions, afraid of saying the wrong thing and hurting peoples feelings. It's hard to enjoy life when you're over analysing every single aspect of your life to the point that you can't really enjoy things because you're too afraid of something going wrong, too afraid of messing something up. 
"It takes courage to overcome fear and bravery to banish it."
I want to be able to stop running away from the things that I fear the most, I wan't to be able to live a truly fearless lifestyle. 
What are you afraid of? Are you trying to overcome these fears? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric