Thursday 4 April 2019

It's been a minute



I’m back! Don’t worry, I know that no one has been sat there eagerly awaiting my next post, but that doesn’t stop me from hoping. It really had been a minute, 6 months worth of minutes to be exact and hopefully I’ll manage to stay for awhile this time. I’m really glad I took a break from blogging, I think everyone should do that every once in awhile. So many pressures come from blogging without even realising them, I would often find myself questioning what I’m posting and wondering why people would care about it, typing countless words only for them to be deleted a moment later. I’ve decided to create my content for myself going forwards, I’m not going to force myself into tight deadlines, I’m only going to post when I actually want to and I’m not going to worry about whether people are interested in everything I post because I can’t please everyone.

A lot has happened since I was last here, and I’m looking forward to sharing that with you in this post and in future posts.

In October my husband and I were sent to The Liverpool Women’s Hospital as we have been trying to conceive for over 12 months and have had no luck. Now you already know the journey I’ve been on with PCOS, and that I’m down a Fallopian tube and to be honest, that’s why they didn’t hesitate to transfer me to a fertility clinic. We attended a few appointments at the clinic and were told that the pro norms ultimately come down to me, which is something we already knew. I don’t qualify to have any kind of fertility treatment at the moment because I am currently above the preferred BMI. Knowing that they wouldn’t help me because of my weight absolutely broke my heart because your size doesn’t determine how much you deserve a child. Everything always comes down to weight, regardless as to whether that’s the cause of the problem, that’s the thing blamed for everything. During our experience at the fertility clinic, we were told it was unlikely that we would be able to conceive on our own because although I’m actually producing more eggs than normal, these eggs aren’t developing fully. I was put on Metformin, which is a drug for diabetes, but apparently helps with ovulation in women who suffer with PCOS. I was also put on something called Norethisterone, which forces my body to have a period every 3 months, I was out on this because I don’t have periods myself naturally. That’s one thing I would love, to have period naturally, now I’m on these pills I’m having the lest periods I’ve ever had. After being given the above medication we were discharged from the fertility clinic, and no I’m here. Still not pregnant. Having the worst periods.

I really am so glad to be back, and I'm already super excited about future posts, but until then ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric