Monday 14 July 2014

3…2…1…CHEESE!

So, like I said in my last post, I love photography!

I've noticed a lot of people, noticeably a lot more recently, actually take part in some form of photography, quite a lot of people whom I would have never expected it from.
I think it's a wonderful thing to photograph things around you! Such as experiences and memories, it's amazing to take that one moment in time and capture it forever. That image will never change, one day you could look back and no matter how much time has passed and how much things have changed, the image won't have, the memory will still be there and it will take you back to that one moment in time.

Photography is a beautiful art form, there is so much that can be done with it.
The average person spends their days capturing memories and uploading them to instagram to share with the world, this is still a form of photography, it's on the lower side of the scale, but essentially it's still photography.
Then you get those who take this to the extreme(serious hobbyist or working professional), with the expensive equipment and the models and creating images that look like memories when essentially they are just staged.
I've found one of the funnest things in the world, for me at least, is to hold you're very own photoshoot, to have an idea of what you want, to get the models you want, throw in a few props and crazy ideas and the photos you can end up with are just truly remarkable.

For me photography is more that just a hobby, it's something that I absolutely adore, It acts as an escape from the real world. As soon as you're creating your own shoots with staged memories, it makes you feel like you're someone completely different, whether that be for just a few moments as you press the shutter.
There is just so much that can be done with photography, if you go out into your local city centre right now, I can guarantee you'd see a bunch of people taking photographs, whether this be with a phone, a digital camera or a top of the range DSLR.

One thing that has never failed to amaze me is the fine detail that you can achieve with photography, take this picture for instance...

The detail on the face of this insect that you can see is truly amazing…
You could look at this insect and you won't be able to notice any of it's features, you won't see it's eyes or even be able to describe what it's face looks like, but as soon as you grab a standard DSLR such as my Canon 600D, attach a quality piece of glass to the front of it, such as the 100mm Macro 'L' Lens which was used for this shot, the difference in what you're going to see is going to leave you gobsmacked.
Just think, without these cameras and lenses, how could we capture images of someone or something so small and show the world it's beauty…or ugly-ness dependant on your own opinion of insects!

It's funny when I think about it, all of the years I've been working with camera gear(mainly big TV and Broadcasting video cameras) , it never occurred to me to get into photography, I have no idea why. it's weird really, I decided to buy a DSLR a few months back, mainly to use to create short films in my spare time and I found that i just couldn't stop taking pictures, I just love it.

I honestly think that apps such as Instagram are shining a new light upon the world of photography because a lot more people are getting involved with it now, especially because everybody now owns a mobile phone that has a camera built into it. Given the recent technological advances regarding mobile phones from companies such as apple and samsung, camera technology has improved to a point where your iPhone takes better quality photos than an entry level DSLR from 5 years ago.

I look forward to continuing to learn more about the art of photography, until next time, Adios!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric