Saturday 16 August 2014

From Dusk Till Dawn Season One: The Review

So, I've just finished watching the first season of From Dusk Till Dawn and I must say it was a great show. This was most certainly proved by the fact that I couldn't stop watching until it has reached the closing episode of the season.

This series if you didn't guess is based off the original 1996 movie From Dusk Till Dawn which starred George Clooney as Seth Gecko and Quentin Tarantino as Richie Gecko. For this series the role of Seth went to D.J. Cotrona and the role of Richie to Zane Holtz.

From watching the very first episode I could tell that this was going to be a 10 episode version of the first film, with it being padded out with more of the smaller details and backstories we didn't get to see during the film. So I pretty much knew straight away what was going to happen, but that didn't stop is from surprising me. This series is a much more in depth version with a lot of the back story that was never included within the film.

I adored the film so I was a little anxious about watching this, I didn't have very high expectations if I'm honest, but it absolutely blew me away. In the film there was only so much of the story that they could include, but with having 10 episodes they could include so much of what we missed out on the first time around. This is probably the best adaptation of the film that we could have possibly asked for.

The actors playing the Gecko brothers were absolutely fantastic. Holtz played a very, very convincing psychopath. After watching this (aside from Tarantino) I couldn't have imagined anyone else acting as Richie Gecko.

After I watched the first episode I must admit I wasn't hooked, not straight away. I chose to give it the benefit of the doubt because often I do find that the Pilot episode is never the best. This episode was a little slow for me I guess, but as soon as I watched the second I was hooked. If you aren't convince by episode one, watch the two then three and so on, I'm sure you will be by then.

I loved how we got a much more in depth look at the vampires, they had a background story and a bigger role to play in the series. 

If you enjoyed the film, or you enjoy this kind of film/series then I really do suggest that you take the time to sit and watch it. I think you will thoroughly enjoy it.





The best part? It's been renewed for a second series with a total of 13 episodes…
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric