Wednesday 6 August 2014

One sheep…two sheep…three sheep…four!

I often find it really hard to sleep at night. I hate it but I love it at the same time

I love staying up late because I find the evening to be the best time of the day and I just don't want it to end. Going to sleep means the end to the day and that soon the troubles of the next one will begin, for instance work or school…The night has to end at some point though, doesn't it? It's actually quite weird that I like to stay up so late, you'd think that me being someone who adores sleeping that I would love to go to bed early to get as much sleep as humanly possible. Don't get me wrong, the idea of going to sleep early and waking up early the next day feeling refreshed sounds wonderful but no matter how much I think about doing that and plan to do it, it still never happens.

I usually spend my nights watching films or playing on some kind of gaming console, not your cup of tea? That's okay everyone different. I usually end up getting into bed anytime from 2-3am and from there my night goes downhill because no matter how much I try, I struggle so much to sleep.






I find myself lay in bed thinking about everything that could ever possibly enter my mind. The main thing I end up thinking about is the future, what it's going to hold and how scary it is. I sometimes come up with screenplay ideas, sometimes I completely forget them but when I think they are really good I pull out my phone, open up the notes and write down random words to help jog my memory. Sometimes I think about how different my life could be if any aspect of it was different, for instants if I lived in a different country, it's quite an interesting thought. I must admit on many occasions, I have found myself counting sheep and if you have never tried it I insist you don't, it doesn't work. I just start thinking about how counting sheep is going to help me sleep and I begin to over think. I find myself over analysing every aspect of my life. Sometimes music helps me sleep, but sometimes when listening to music I find myself thinking about being that musician, which is a little odd, I imagine being in my own music videos. Sometimes i just think about how I need to sleep which causes me to think about how I need to stop thinking, which causes me to start thinking about how I need to stop thinking so I can go to sleep, which sends my brain into overdrive. Sometimes I do find myself with my phone in hand constantly refreshing every social media site in hope something will interest me.One huge factor that stops me from sleeping is heat, I hate being too warm when I'm trying to sleep and it will totally ruin my night. Another thing is sound, when I'm trying to sleep, little sounds absolutely drive me insane.

I feel like I'm rambling on a bit here...

The point is that I find it hard to sleep, sometimes it's a real challenge, once I am asleep it's amazing. I do wish I could sleep earlier because I always pay for it the following morning, but at the same time I don't want to sleep. Maybe it's the technology. Maybe I should stop using it at a certain point of the night and just relax, maybe even read a book, that's some food for though.


Well, now I'm back to thinking again…

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric