Monday 4 August 2014

Inked up!

These days there are quite a lot of people whom are into the tattoo craze. Quite a lot of people have at least one, whether it is on show or hidden, and quite a lot of these people go back for more. There are still people who don’t like them, which is perfectly fine.

As someone who has always had a big love for tattoos and has recently just got my first one (many more to follow), I have noticed that for whatever the reason, people who dislike your tattoos insist on letting you know. I completely understand why people dislike tattoos and I have nothing against that, people are allowed their own opinions. At the end of the day not everyone is going to like your tattoo, the thing that bothers me is when people feel the need to treat a person differently or even insult them because of these choices.

I’ve found that as soon as you do decide to get a tattoo, people will start to look at you differently, especially if it’s very noticeable. People are going to dislike them and they are really going to let you know and it’s going to bring you down. I’ve never personally had someone come up to me making remarks on how much they dislike my tattoo, but I know people who have and I know it can really hurt. The looks are just as bad. Those people who are sat there staring at you, whispering under their breath, they are just as bad. I dislike people being mean to me in anyway, especially being such a sensitive person, so I often find behavior like this hard to deal with. The moment someone starts a conversation with you about how much they love and appreciate your tattoo is going to make all of these bad vibes disappear. From first hand experience I can tell you that someone really appreciating your tattoo can really make your entire day. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with the way you look, why should anyone else’s opinion matter?

I’ve noticed a lot of older people really dislike tattoos, especially those who are mothers or even grandmothers. I guess they just really don’t like to see their children alter their bodies in such a permanent way, which I really understand. Parents believe they created something so perfect that something like this could ruin that creation. This isn’t true.

Tattoos are a way of presenting to everyone who you are as an individual. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with expressing your personality on your body, it’s a very personal thing and it should be respected whether you like them or not.
I think it’s a beautiful form of art. Some people do get tattoos for stupid reasons, maybe because they were drunk or for a bet, but that’s for them to deal with.

People with tattoos can be really fascinating, especially when finding out the stories behind their tattoos. Some people get their tattoo for no other reason than they wanted it, which is perfectly fine. If you want it go ahead and get it! It doesn’t affect anyone else and his or her opinions don’t matter one bit. If it doesn’t affect you personally then I don’t see how what tattoos some has or the reasons behind them affects you.

 People with tattoo's can be really fascinating; the stories behind them and the meaning of the tattoo can be really interesting to hear. Some people just get them because they want them, is there really anything wrong with that? If it doesn't affect you personally then I don't see how it's such a big problem. 

Once you decide to take the plunge and get a tattoo you will find it very hard to not go back and get another. I’ve noticed a lot of people who have had one have been itching for their next. It’s an addiction. It’s not the end of the world, surely being addicted to tattoos is better than being addicted to drugs or any other self destructive substance, so take that into consideration.

 I would insist that if you are not sure about getting a tattoo then you shouldn’t do it. Removing one is very expensive and it’s just a whole lot of wasted money in the end. Ever since I was 16 I couldn’t wait for my first tattoo…that was until I turned 18 and realised I probably wasn’t mature enough to decide what I wanted, because it’s a big decision and should never be taken lightly. I’m glad I did wait because the tattoos I would have got then I would not have wanted now; I’d have regretted them on a huge scale. Tattoos are going to change your life, you’re going to get people who love them and people who hate them, there’s nothing you can do about that. I’m so happy I finally decided to get my first tattoo; I can’t wait to add more to my body.



I can’t wait to express myself with who I am and what I love, it’s going to be an exciting journey.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric