Friday 21 November 2014

Motivation is the golden key to success

I've always been someone who doesn't usually force things to happen, I often sit on the sidelines waiting for things to happen, slowly and surely I have been changing this…

University is hard and I honestly wish I had chosen a completely different degree, but I'm now nearly 2 and a half years through my 3 year degree and there's no point failing at the final hurdle. For the entirety of my time at University I have been finding it growingly difficult to become motivated and excited to complete all of my assignments,  I have finally found this motivation…better late than never right? A couple of months back I got the idea into my head of becoming a College Tutor/University Lecturer of Media, but the one thing I didn't do when I was thinking about it was choose to do anything about it…I have just finished filling out my UCAS application for a Postgraduate Teacher Training course at Edge Hill University and I can honestly say I have never been more excited about something in my life. I feel that doing this, choosing to make the decision and actually do something about it, has really given me the motivation to complete my current degree to the best of my abilities, with nothing holding me back…it's time to charge straight ahead!

So, like the title of this blog post says, motivation is the golden key to success. This is a statement that I truly believe, I feel that if you're not motivated you can NOT succeed, you need the motivation to guide you towards the succeeding. 

Speaking about motivation, for my entire life I have hated me and I cannot think of one time or point in my life where I did not. I've been trying ti like myself, even if it's just a little bit, apparently you can't love someone else unless you learn to love yourself, which I kind of agree with, how can you expect someone to love you if you do not love yourself? You wouldn't expect someone to do something you wouldn't do, so why expect them to do this? Anyway…getting a little sidetracked over here. As I was saying, motivation, hating myself, yes, so…(sorry about the rambling) I'm going to take it upon myself to lose weight, to help get to a stage where I might like myself a little. I love going to the gym, I really do, but when I started going, I did stop after a few months, not because I didn't want to go, more because I got distracted, I was busy and once I fell out of the routine I found it so hard to get back into it. The difference I will have this time is the fact that I will have the motivation, I have that on my side and with that, how can I fail? 

Things will change, I'm going to be posting a little list of things I aim to achieve in the next however long…I often post monthly goals onto this blog, but these will be different goals, these will take much longer to achieve, but I will never give up.


Make sure that everything you do in life is for you because if it's not you will never, ever stick to it.

Until next time 

xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric