Wednesday 11 March 2015

COUNTDOWN - TOP TEN GAMES FOR THE XBOX 360 - NINE: PORTAL 2


Think with portals 

Nine: Portal 2

When I was waiting for the release of the first-person puzzle-platform video game that is Portal 2 back in 2011, I always thought that the game was going to be pretty good, especially after the first instalment of the game, but I don't think I expected it to be as good as it actually was, I most certainly underestimated what this game was capable of. 

I was first introduced to Portal back in around 2009 when I stumbled upon a game called The Orange Box, which I must say in itself is a mighty fine game. Now The Orange box is video game compilation containing games such at Hard Life and Portal, and I'm pretty sure that nobody thought that the little game we all played on The Orange Box was going to end up quite the success that it has. 

So, if you didn't already guess, Portal 2 is the sequel to that game Portal we played in The Orange Box. One thing that makes Portal so different and probably so successful is the fact that it is actually a puzzle game that is a first-person shooter. The great thing about it are the "portal guns" that the characters use. If you fire your gun through a space then you will create one side of the portal, then you can shoot the gun again in a different location, preferably the location of which you would like to move to and this will then open up a portal, you then simply walk through this and you are where you want/need to be, it's as easy as that. The trick is trying to fire your portals in the right place to make sure you get where you want/need to be, sometimes there are various obstacles or fans etc that will make this harder, creating the puzzle side of the game.

Like I've said previously, Portal 2 is the sequel to Portal, the game that was first released on the video game compilation that is The Orange Box. The storyline to Portal 2 actually continues from that of Portal, which is what we expected and I'm pretty sure a lot of fans would have been quite disappointed if this wasn't the case.

This game is definitely one of my favourite Xbox 360 games, probably due to the fact that it's so different to most other games, there's just something about it that makes it quite remarkable. Portal 2 is a really fun and intelligent game. 


Portal 2 is most certainly a great game, especially if you have a great sense of humour. I suggest that if you enjoy the occasional game, then you go ahead and check out Portal, I guarantee you won't be disappointed, and on the plus side, you can pick it up quite cheap now. This game is definitely one of my favourite xbox 360 games, not only is it fun and intelligent, but it's also quite different to most other first person shooters there's just something about it that makes it quite remarkable. 

Porrtal 2 has been ranked 9th on my all time favourite Xbox 360 games, with very good reasoning.

Check back here next Wednesday to find out what's been ranked 8th on my all time favourite xbox 360 games, you might be surprised!

Until next time…

xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric