Friday 20 March 2015

MY BIGGEST DREAMS: PARIS IN A WEEKEND

Paris


A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.
 - Thomas Jefferson



I don't actually have a big love for France, not even in the slightest. I see Paris as a little bit overrated, but there are some things in Paris that I absolutely have to see. I want to take Paris by storm in just one weekend.


The Louvre 


  1. The Louvre Museum is my biggest reason for wanting to visit Paris. Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed about visiting this beautiful museum. It's one of the worlds largest museums and is a historic monument. The Louvre is a central monument of Paris and exhibits some of the worlds most beautiful art, to visit here will be an absolute dream. This beautiful museum houses 35,000 masterpieces, including the world famous 'Mona Lisa' by Leonardo da Vinci, which is considered to be the most famous painting in the world, this masterpiece has been on display in the Louvre since 1797 and is a huge reason for me wanting to visit this wonderful museum. I could spend countless hours exploring this huge monument, with over 600,000 square feet of exhibition space, there's really no time to lose. 


    Eiffel Tower


    I don't have the biggest love ever for the Eiffel Tower, but if I'm going to visit Paris, I'm going to visit it. It took me awhile to find a picture that I was quite fond of, until i came across this beautiful black and white photograph, this is one of the only pictures I have found that truly captures the beauty of this world famous landmark. There's so much to see at the Eiffel Towerso much to do! The first floor of the tower is one of the most beautiful places in Paris, with it's transparent floor and new installations it's something you're not going to want to miss. On the second floor you can view stunning panoramic views of Parisimagine the photographs you could take up there! Once the sky is filled with darkness in the evening, the tower will be glowing with beautiful golden lights that can be seen from most, if not all places over Paris. If you visit Paris, make sure you take a trip to the Eiffel tower, it's one of the most iconic structures in the world and shouldn't be missed. 

    Notre Dame Cathedral



    The Notre Dame Cathedral, also more commonly know as Notre-Dame de Paris, is a historic Catholic cathedral located in Paris that dates back to 1163. If the picture above didn't already convince you to visit this stunning Cathedral, maybe the price will…there is no price, it's completely free to enter. The bishop of Paris in 1160, Maurice de Sully wanted to build something worthy, something that belonged in Paris, he chose to build in the 'gothic style' which was the 'in' style during this time. 

    Love Lock Bridge 


    I absolutely adore the idea of this bridge, I love the idea of engraving a lock, attaching it to the bridge and locking your love there forever, I think it's incredibly romantic. I also think it would be wonderful to travel to Paris with my mother and to lock our love onto the bridge, there's nothing stronger than a mothers and daughters love for each other, what a perfect way to show this. Some people would say there's nothing magical about this bridge, but as the hopeless romantic that I am, I beg to differ.


    To see the post that gave me the idea for this series of posts, click here, to check out my bucket list click here, and to check out the first post in this series of posts click here.

    Until next time

    xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric