Saturday 18 April 2015

COUNTDOWN - TOP TEN GAMES FOR THE XBOX 360 - EIGHT: MODERN WARFARE 2




Revenge is like a ghost…it takes over every man it touches…it's thirst cannot be quenched…until the last man standing has fallen...


Eight: Modern Warfare 2 

As an avid Call of Duty fan, there was naturally going to be at least one Call of Duty gams in my top ten games for the Xbox 360, and in my opinion, Modern Warfare 2 is most certainly one of the best, if not the best. 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person shooter that is considered to be a political war thriller, released to Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Microsoft Windows.

Most aspects of this game were completely on point, you can play Call of Duty: Black Ops and find yourself hammering bullets into someone and then dying yourself…where's the logic? The hit detection on MW2 is incredible, all of the maps were well designed and you would remember them. This game appealed to everyone, skilled gamers and new, with the ability for skilled gamers to pubstomp quite easily, the new players to gain their skills, and it's best we don't even go into those people using noob-tubes. 

When this game was first released back in 2009, one of the most constant and annoying problems was hacking/modding, sometimes this would happen a lot, sometimes not so much. I mean it's pretty simple to just leave a game, but I mean, that can just be pretty irritating…I doubt this is a problem now, in fact, this probably now hasn't been a problem for a long time. 

I've always had this little joke about Call of Duty, it's been along the lines of the fact that nobody buys COD for the campaigns, just the online, but most people do actually play the campaign at some point, although most then regret it, they still play it. When it comes to MW2, the campaign was by far one of my favourite COD campaigns, I am not afraid to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I can honestly say that one of the main reasons I ever stopped playing this game wasn't due to the fact that it wasn't that good, it was actually due to the fact that time moved on, new Call of Duty games came out, and with that, everyone went to play those. 

Modern Warfare 2 has been ranked 8th on my all time favourite Xbox 360 games, with very good reasoning.

Check back here next week to find out what's been ranked 7th on my all time favourite xbox 360 games, you might be surprised!

Until next time…

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric