Tuesday 14 April 2015

My Biggest Dreams: Swim With Sharks

3. Swim with Sharks

"Many people continue to think of sharks as man-eating beasts. Sharks are enormously powerful and wild creatures, but you're more likely to be killed by your kitchen toaster than a shark!"
- Ted Danson


Everyone has dreams, I probably have too many, too many to actually fulfil  but one thing it for sure…I'll give it my best shot.

I love Sharks, I think they are one of the most wonderful, beautiful and misunderstood creatures alive today. I love how they are like the king of the ocean, but in every single film you watch, they are made to be the bad guy, always made to be the bad guy. 

Most people want to swim with Dolphins, I want to swim with Sharks, I think it would truly be a memorable and magical experience. I'd like to swim with Sharks at Typhoon Lagoon, or even cage dive with them, just so long as i get to experience this beautifully remarkable creature up close, I honestly don't care how this happens. 

"Sharks are beautiful animals, and if you're lucky enough to see lots of them, that means that you're in a healthy ocean. You should be afraid if you are in the ocean and don't see sharks."
-Sylvia Earle

I do have one problem, one fear I will have to overcome before this dream could ever become a reality, that problem is my inability to swim. I've never knew how to swim, I had bad experiences when learning to swim when I was younger and I now have a fear of swimming, a bit of an anxiety if you will, something that I need to overcome. 

Sharks are remarkable, they are beautiful and misunderstood and one day I will swim with them!

Until next time! 
xo

1 comment:

  1. This is a very brave dream! And I must admire you for it. My 2 biggest fears in life are drowning or being eaten alive.... So it's safe to say that swimming with sharks is a no-no for me haha....

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric