Tuesday 9 September 2014

Day Nine: Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Feeling

Sept 9th: Let's talk personality types. Introverted? Extroverted? Unsure-troverted? ;) If you know your Myers-Briggs type, tell us about it!

Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Feeling


So I've just taken the Myers-Briggs test to find out my personality type , I chose to take it multiple times just to be sure and each time the results came back the same, INFJ. This means Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging. After finishing the test and reading up on my results afterwards, I was shocked to find out that INFJ is actually an extremely rare personality type, making up less than 1% of the population. 

Finding this out has explained so much to me!

I - Introversion preferred to extroversion: INFJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expand energy in social situations ( whereas extroverts gain energy)

N - Intuition preferred to sensing: INFJ's tend to be more abstract and concrete. They focus on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.

F - Feeling preferred to thinking: INFJ's tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.

J - Judgement preferred to perception: INFJ's tend to plain their actives and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability..

I'm the kind of person who doesn't really like to be around many people, I love being around my closest friends, but throw me into a situation where I know nobody and I will begin to panic and feel extremely awkward, being extremely self conscious doesn't help either. I love spending my nights in, I hate the nightlife seen, I hate the idea of clubbing, I always feel like the walls are closing in and I just need to get out. I spend most of my nights playing video games or watching Netflix and I love it, i have fun and that's all that matters.

After sitting here for around an hour reading up on my personality type, I couldn't agree more with it, it perfectly describes me in a way that I've never been able to describe myself. 

"INFJ's tend to see helping others as their purpose in lifesee here

This statement describes me perfectly. Helping others is one of the things I care about more than anything.

"INFJ's hold a special place in the heart of people they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJ's are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INDJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.see here

I have never in my life been able to read something so perfectly true about myself, People's feelings are very important to me, it would hurt me to know that I had hurt somebody else. Everything I do in life is with the best intentions, I tip toe around every situation to ensure that I don't hurt anybody. Conflict actually scares me, I cannot deal with it, it makes me feel so uneasy, all of my anxieties start screaming out. Stressing is a big thing for me, i have had so many health problems due to stress, it's another thing I don't deal well with. 

After finding out my personality type I am really interested to know other people's, there are so many different kinds and those with mine make up less than 1% of the population, so it would be really interesting to know people with the same personality type…

Take the Myers Briggs personality test, you won't regret it, you will have never read anything in your life that can perfectly describe you.

What's your personality type?

Until tomorrow
xo

Twitter        Instagram       Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric