Friday 12 September 2014

Day Twelve: Christmas Before Christmas

Sorry for the late post today, I've been having so much fun spending the past couple of days with my lovely best friend that I almost forgot!

Sept 12th: Tell us about a favorite tradition. It could be a family tradition or from a holiday, university, you-name-it. What makes it so special?

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."

- Winston Churchill

Traditions are a lovely thing to have, whether it be a common tradition or a home made tradition. 

One of my favourite traditions is a christmas tradition that my best friend and I share, Christmas before Christmas.

During Christmas day everyone spends their day celebrating with their famlilies, which means unfortunately, I don't get to see my best friend. A week or so before Christmas day, my best friend and I get together and celebrate our Christmas before Christmas, which is exactly what it sounds like.

We treat the night before like Christmas eve and then wake the following day to presents and other Christmas fun, and it's a really wonderful thing for us to share. It's one of the most special things we do together and I wouldn't change it for the world.


My best friend is my world, we celebrate many traditions together and I look forward to celebrating them with her.



I can't wait for us to celebrate our Christmas before Christmas this year, it's going to be even better than the last.

Do you have any fun traditions you'd like to share?

Until tomorrow

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric