Wednesday 10 September 2014

Day Ten: Ten Things I Love About Me...

Sept 10th: List 10 things that you love about yourself! Let's kick that negative self-talk outta here!

I was actually debating skipping this post. I've been siting here for a long while just staring at a blank page, this is by far the hardest post so far. I am constantly at war with myself, there's not that much I like about myself, never mind love about myself. I have tried everyday to love myself, I thought that maybe one day it would just happen. I have vowed to try harder to love myself do things that make me happy, dress in a way that makes me happy and hopefully that positivity will rub off on the way I feel about myself, so I sort of felt like the first step was to take part in this post.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"
- Bernard M. Baruch

I'm socially awkward, self conscious and have far too many anxieties to count. 



Ten Things That I Love About Myself

1. My Eyes, I have heterochromia and I spent so long thinking I wasn't normal because of it. Since I've grown up a lot of people actually comment on how much they love my eyes and how jealous they are, it makes me feel quite thankful to be honest. 

2. I'm a good person…everything I do in life is with the best intentions and I would never do anything to hurt anybody, I care a lot about people.

3. My tattoo, although I only have one (for the moment) but ever since getting it I have felt a little bit more confident…people tap me on the shoulder just to tell me how amazing it is, they don't know how happy that makes me feel. 




4. My photography and videography skills. There aren't many things that I believe to be good at but, I know I am good at this, I feel extremely thankful to the first person who introduced me to cameras because I haven't been able to put them down since that moment, and I have progressed so much. 








5. My imagination. I try and escape reality all of the time, I much prefer living in my head…I often get a little lost, believing in fairytales, forgetting what's reality and what's not. I like getting lost in my own imagination. 

6. I crack a mean joke: I find myself funny, most people laugh at how unfunny they find me but, I think I am hilarious… 
"Why did the skeleton go to the party alone?"
"Because he had nobody to go with…"
"Why do daleks eat apples?"
"Because an apple a day keeps the doctor away…"

There's plenty more where that came from!


7. I love my own company. I love nothing more than to spend a night by myself playing on the xbox, watching Netflix, blogging and reading. 

8. My ability to see the good in everything and everyone, this pretty much speaks for itself. No matter who you are, everyone has the ability to be good, they just choose whether to be or not to be.

9. I love my music taste. Whenever I am feeling down I just listen to music and it cheers me up straight away…tell me that these beauty's wouldn't cheer you up!











10. My love of the world and all that's in it. I love the world, I think it's the most beautiful thing that's ever been created, I can't wait to pack up with my camera in my bag and go and explore it. 

It's nice to look at yourself and think about all the positive things, what do you love about yourself?

xo

Twitter           Instagram           Pinterest

2 comments:

Design by | SweetElectric