Friday 2 September 2016

The Blog-tember Challenge: Day 2 | Goals


Goals


Friday, Sept. 2: Share a list of your current goals.

Hey, lovelies and happy Friday to you all! I'm working today, but following my departure from work this evening, I actually have 6 days off and lots of plans!

It's now day 2 of the blog-tember challenge and I'm still going strong. This year I've decided to plan in advance for these posts because one thing I struggle with is finding the time to write, especially on my days in work. I'll be scheduling all of my posts in the hope of successfully completing the challenge without missing a day. 

I haven't actually compiled a list of my goals for a little while now so I'm quite excited to get everything down on this page. 

Monthly goals:

1. Read 4 books. I've always been a big lover of reading, I just often struggle to find the time to finish a book, but I've been doing a lot better lately. I'd ideally like to read more than 4 books a month, but let's start off light eh? 

2. Learn to swim. One of my biggest dreams is to swim with sharks because they are amazing and I just love them. I only have one little problem... I can't swim. Mike and I have been going to our local pool every single week in order to try and beat my fears and reach the ultimate goal of me learning to swim. It's going to take awhile, but we will get there!

3. Save. This is an always goal for me, not because I can't save, but just because life continuously gets in the way. There are so many wonderful things that I want to do, and obviously, they cost money, especially all of those Holidays. It's time to sort out Christmas, save for Japan, and all of the other wonderful adventures we plan to go on.

4. WRITE! Writing is one of my biggest passions, but sometimes life gets in the way. I come here as much as I can to talk to you and tell you all about my life. Another thing I'm trying to get finished at the moment is my own book, it's taking some time and I'm constantly distracted, but I will finish and will publish.

5. Enjoy working. I need to take the time to find a job that I could fall in love with. That's certainly something it's going to take, time. All I need to remember is that I have a job for now that will help me pay for the things I need, but there's a bigger end goal in sight. 

6. Do more things that make me happy. I love a lot of things, reading, writing, gaming, creating videos, and the list goes on. It's very easy to let life get in the way of the things you really want to do, and it happens to the best of us. I need to start using my time off work more productively.

7. Go to ALL of my hospital appointments. I hate the hospital, I absolutely despise it, and I've spent so long avoiding getting things checked out. All I seem to do at the moment is visit the hospital, and I have so many more appointments lined up. I'll make sure I attend them all, as much as I don't want to because my health is at stake, and nothing is more important than your health.

8. See my loved ones more. It can be hard to spend time with those you love when you don't leave too close to one another and when you have completely different schedules. I'm going to stop making excuses and just start making plans more frequently, no matter how busy life gets.

9. Visit Rome. It's booked, it's finally booked! It's now less than a month until we will be walking around the beautiful streets of Rome, and I'm unbearably excited. This trip is something I've waited so long to do, and along with this trip will come many things ticked off my bucket list.

10. Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate goal in life, it's all I strive for. I must admit that my life is pretty perfect right now, but things have a habit of changing. 

Some more goals...

  • Get a new tattoo
  • Exercise more
  • Play more games
  • Be decisive
  • Stop procrastinating 
  • Spend Christmas just us two, no matter how stressful
  • Get Christmas shopping finished before November
  • Do more of the DIY projects I constantly say I want to do
  • Do more book/film/game reviews
  • Buy a new sofa
  • Cook more
What are your current goals?



2 comments:

  1. Great goals, especially reading, saving and tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab list of goals, wishing you lots of luck with them! 💗 I always have the goal of stop procrastinating haha, I never achieve it but it's always good to try, right?! 😂 Would love to see some blog posts about the books you read if you do manage to read four! 🍀 Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric